The Minnesota Business Tax Education Partnership is holding a seminar in Bloomington, Minnesota for employers and their representatives who are interested in information on state and federal employment taxes and other employer responsibilities. The seminar will be presented by experts from the Minnesota Department of Revenue, Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Program, the United States Department of Labor, and Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Insurers Association.
Seminar content will include information on:
- Worker status (independent contractor vs employee)
- Employment Tax basics (withholding, depositing and reporting)
- Unemployment Insurance (tax rates, wage reporting, benefit account issues)
- Federal Labor Standards (wage and hour)
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance (requirements)
Seminar Date and Location:
Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Location: Bloomington WorkForce Center, 4220 West Old Shakopee Road, Suite 100, Bloomington, MN 55437
Fee: No fee
Register: Advanced registration is required. http://www.uimn.org/employers/help-and-support/educational-seminars/seminar-schedule.jsp