Year-End Information and 2017 Changes
This 1/2 day training session will help prepare you for a successful year-end.
Who should attend:
Human Resource, Accounting, Payroll staff and anyone else that works on year-end or that needs to know what is or is not taxable. Because year-end only comes around once a year, a refresher class is a must for anyone responsible for completing year-end.
1. Taxable Income
2. Principle of Constructive Payment
3. Taxable and Nontaxable Compensation
4. Other Employer Provided Benefits
5. Withholding and Reporting Rules
6. Box by Box Instructions for 2016 Form W-2
7. Decision Chart for Retirement Box
8. Changes for FICA and Supplemental Rates
9. Changes for Per Diem Rates
10. Changes for Mileage Rates
11. Changes for Retirement Plans
12. Changes for Qualified Benefit Plans
13. Changes for SUI Wage Bases
14. Changes for Federal Standard Deduction and Personal Exemption Values
15. Changes for Health Saving Accounts
16. Changes to State Minimum Wage
17. Legislative Actions
18. Phone Numbers and Web Sites
19. Calculating GTL
20. Grossing-Up Employer Paid Taxes
Speaker: Terry Meggitt, CPP
Terry is currently self-employed teaching payroll classes and is also an APA Approved Provider for RCHs. He has worked in the payroll field for about 36 years and is a member of the Northstar Chapter and American Payroll Association.
◾Time: 7:30 – 11:30
◾Registration begins at 7:15 a.m.
◾Buffet breakfast will begin serving at 7:30 a.m.
◾Location: Metropolitan Ballroom