Year-End Information and 2018 Changes
This 1/2 day training session will help prepare you for a successful year-end.
Who should attend:
Human Resource, Accounting, Payroll staff and anyone else that works on year-end or that needs to know what is or is not taxable. Because year-end only comes around once a year, a refresher class is a must for anyone responsible for completing year-end.
1. Taxable Income
2. Principle of Constructive Payment
3. Taxable and Nontaxable Compensation
4. Other Employer Provided Benefits
5. Withholding and Reporting Rules
6. Box by Box Instructions for 2017 Form W-2
7. Decision Chart for Retirement Box
8. Changes for FICA and Supplemental Rates
9. Changes for Per Diem Rates
10. Changes for Mileage Rates
11. Changes for Retirement Plans
12. Changes for Qualified Benefit Plans
13. Changes for SUI Wage Bases
14. Changes for Federal Standard Deduction and Personal Exemption Values
15. Changes for Health Saving Accounts
16. Changes to State Minimum Wage
17. Legislative Actions
18. Phone Numbers and Web Sites
19. Calculating GTL
20. Grossing-Up Employer Paid Taxes
Speaker: Terry Meggitt, CPP
Terry Meggitt, CPP is an APA Approved Provider for RCH’s. He has worked in the payroll field for over 35 years, for companies that include HealthPartners, Musicland (Retail), Foster Wheeler Energy Corp. (Construction), Safety Harbor Health Spa (Resort) and the United States Navy.
Terry is a member of the Northstar Chapter and American Payroll Association. He received his credentials as a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) in the fall of 1995. For the past 21 years he has been an instructor for CPP/FPC classes and for 5 years was an instructor for the PPLS classes.
Terry was honored as 2002 Northstar Chapter Professional of the Year and in 2003 he received APA’s Donald W. Sharper Education Grant. In 2015 he received APA’s Meritorious Service Award.
Terry has served on the APA’s Nominating and Elections Committee, has been a CHAMPS mentor, and also served 2 years on APA’s Region 2 Board of Advisor Group.
◾Day & Time: 11/29/17 7:30 – 11:30
◾Registration begins at 7:15 a.m.
◾Breakfast will begin serving at 7:30 a.m.
St Benedict College – Gorecki Center
524 College Ave
St Joseph, MN 56374