The APA is lobbying Congress in favor of a bill that would help both employers who send employees across state lines on business and also help the employees who travel. The Mobile Workforce State Income Tax Simplification Act (S.540) would create a 30-day safe harbor against nonresident taxation. Right now, we’re encouraging U.S. Senator Al Franken (MN), to cosponsor the bill. Senator Amy Klobuchar (MN), is already a cosponsor. A word from you would mean a lot.
The APA is a member of the Mobile Workforce Coalition (www.MobileWorkforceCoalition.org). From their website, you can send a message of support directly to your representatives in Congress.
- Go to http://www.mobileworkforcecoalition.org/contact-congress/#/
- Click on the “TAKE ACTION” button
- Enter work street address and ZIP (this identifies your 2 senators)
- Enter your contact information (name and email). You’ll see a completed letter ready to be sent to Sens. Klobuchar and Franken. Click the check boxes next to their photo/name. If you’d like, you can personalize the letter and let the senators know how important this bill is to you personally, the employees you pay, and your company.
- Click “Send” at the bottom of the page. (You can also print and mail the letter.) A copy of your letters will be sent to you at the email you entered.