The Minnesota Business Tax Education Partnership is holding a seminar in Sauk Rapids, Minnesota for employers and their representatives who are interested in information on state and federal employment taxes and other employer responsibilities. The seminar will be presented by experts from the Minnesota Department of Revenue, Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Program, the United States Department of Labor, and Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Insurers Association.
Seminar content will include information on:
- Worker status (independent contractor vs employee)
- Employment Tax basics (withholding, depositing and reporting)
- Unemployment Insurance (tax rates, wage reporting, benefit account issues)
- Federal Labor Standards (wage and hour)
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance (requirements)
Seminar Date and Location:
Date: Monday, October 23, 2017
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Location: Sauk Rapids Government Center, 1239 2nd Street North, Sauk Rapids, MN 56379
Fee: $10.00 per person – covers facility, morning and afternoon breaks.
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required.