Do you want to learn more about state and federal employment taxes and other employer responsibilities? The Minnesota Business Tax Education Partnership is holding seminars for employers and their representatives with experts from the following agencies:
- Minnesota Department of Revenue
- Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Program
- Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry
- United States Department of Labor
- Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Insurers Association
What does this seminar cover?
Seminar content will include information on:
- Worker status (independent contractor vs. employee)
- Employment tax basics (withholding, depositing, and reporting)
- Unemployment Insurance (tax rates, wage reporting, and benefit account issues)
- Federal and State Labor Standards (wage and hour)*
- Workers’ Compensation (requirements)*
Who should attend?
Business owners, tax and payroll professionals, bookkeepers, and accountants.
February Seminar Dates and Locations:
Date: Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Location: Ramsey County Library in Maplewood, Maplewood, MN
Register: Advanced registration is required
How do I receive continuing education credit for attending this seminar?
The Unemployment Insurance (UI) program offers the following pre-approved continuing education credits. You may request credit from UI program representatives after the completion of this seminar on the course evaluation form.
- Society of Human Resources Management Professional Development Credits (PDCs)
- American Payroll Association Recertification Credit Hours (RCHs)
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) Recertification Credits