The Minnesota Business Tax Education Partnership is holding a seminar in Cambridge, Minnesota for employers and their representatives who are interested in information on state and federal employment taxes and other employer responsibilities. The seminar will be presented by experts from the Minnesota Department of Revenue, Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Program, Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Insurers Association, and the United States Department of Labor.
Seminar content will include information on:
- Worker status (independent contractor vs employee)
- Employment Tax withholding, depositing and reporting
- Unemployment Insurance
- New hire reporting rules
- Department of Homeland Security (USCIS) employee verification requirements
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- State and Federal Labor standards (wage and hour issues)
Seminar Date and Location:
Date: Thursday, August 24, 2017
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Location: Cambridge-Isanti High School, Richard G. Hardy Performing Arts Center, 430 NW 8th Avenue, Cambridge, MN 55008
Fee: $25.00 per person – covers facility, morning, lunch, and afternoon breaks.
Register: Advanced registration is required. http://www.uimn.org/employers/help-and-support/educational-seminars/seminar-schedule.jspSHARE